Monday, January 14, 2013

Days 11-12 darn weekends

Weekends are always rough for me, they are not something I look forward to at all.  I look forward to Monday's when I can finally claim a little time for myself, even if I am working.  Most of my weekends are spent with my toddler alone. While I love spending time with my little man, lately he has been quite the challenge and I cannot seem to get much done.

Here is the skinny on the food for the weekend:

Day 11:
Breakfast
Grapes and 2 eggs

Lunch:
Pork tenderloin medallions and peas

Dinner:

This was the motherload of Paleo recipes.  It was a little time consuming, but soooooo good.

Paleo Sheppards Pie:
Take 1 whole onion, dice and fry in a skillet with a little olive oil (about 15 mins)
Add in 1 lb of bacon and fry till cooked
Add 4 large chopped carrots and 4 large stalks of celery (about two cups of each) Fry until cooked fully
Add in 1 lb of ground turkey and brown
Add in 1 cup peas and fry till cooked

Steam one head of cauliflower till soft
drain and put into your food processor or heavy duty blender
add in a little olive oil, some garlic powder 1/2 stick of butter and a dash of coconut milk
blend until the consistency of mashed potatoes

Put the meat and veggie mixture into a cassorole dish and back at 350 for 30 minutes.

Enjoy.

Day 12:
Breakfast
I made the huge mistake of buying banana chips.....soooo yummy but now that is all I want.
I also had some dried fruit

Lunch:
Paleo Sheppards pie...did I mention....YUM!

Dinner:
Turkey Breast and grean beans

One full turkey breast rubbed with a compound butter and baked at 400 for 2 hours.


WODS:
I don't need WODS on the weekend....I have a toddler.  LOL.  Plus my legs were so sore from the kettle ball squats that I needed the recovery time.

No comments:

Post a Comment