Monday, January 7, 2013

Day 6 23 more to go

The chicken last night turned out great and I made sure to cook an extra breast without the stuffing for lunch today.

Breakfast:

I hear a lot of excuses on why people cannot eat breakfast, main one being that there is enough time.  I cooked my breakfast this morning in the the microwave in 5 minutes. Breakfast is very important to starting your metabolism.


Equivalent of 2 eggs (egg beaters) with sundried tomatoes, scrambled in the microwave
3 slices of turkey bacon.  This is the last of the turkey bacon I promise.

Lunch:
Breast of chicken left over from last nights dinner
1 Grapple
1 small bag of unsalted almonds

Snack:
Handful of Cashews

Dinner:
Turkey meatballs
carrots and peas

Instead of breadcrumbs use finely chopped celery and carrots to hold the meat together and to add substance.  I cook mine in tomato paste and add the carrots and peas to the mixture. Kinda like speghetti and meatballs without the speghetti.  You can add this over finely cut zuchini and squash, or even better roasted speghetti squash, but for tonight just the meatballs and veggies for me.

Watch your water intake. I am attempting to drink at least 4 750ml bottles of water per day.

Haven't determined my WOD yet, I am still a little sick, so I will have to do a short one.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Well they aren't egg beaters, some other organic brand left over from Christmas. I am just trying to get rid of them, which is why I am eating them every morning. I will become more creative....waste not right?

      Delete
  2. Okay. You can slide on this one for the sake of frugality. But eggs (the kind with yolks) are good for you, are real food, and taste so yummy!

    ReplyDelete