Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day 8

Ok I admit it, I may have a slight cashew addiction.  While these are considered to be ok on most paleo diets, be careful, they have a very high fat content and should be consumed (like any nuts) in moderation.

I did get an unexpected WOD in last night.  My son was screaming from gas pain and the only thing I could find to calm him down was running up and down our 2 flights of stairs. we did this about 25 times.  So I consider that a WOD as I did sweat.  According to my son it was AMRAP for time because if I slowed down he would scream again.

Dinner last night was pretty yummy and took about 10mins to prep and another 20 to cook so that was also a win.

Here is today's plan:
Breakfast:
1 banana
2 handfuls of cashews

Snack:
1 package of almonds

Lunch:
Leftover turkey sausage and salad, just lettuce today with oil and balsamic
(I try to portion my lunch before I plate the rest of the food for dinner.  This way I know that I have lunch covered and I am not skipping meals.  Skipping meals is the enemy!)

Dinner:
Slowcooker pot roast.

1 can diced tomatos (always read labels many contain salt and acidic preservatives)
3 stalks Celery coarsely chopped
3 medium carrots coarsely chopped
2 cloves of garlic
season to taste
1 bone in picnic roast

Cost of this meal for 4 people was around 12 dollars for those of you who can't do Paleo because it is too expensive

Put all ingrediants in the crock pot and cook on low 6-8 hours

Viola.

WOD:  I'll let you know tomorrow.  I am hoping to go to the gym after the bug goes sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment